English - VIETNAM E-VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
VIETNAM E-VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
I. General questions
1. Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 80 countries.
2. How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
3. How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single entry and valid for a maximum of 30 days.
4. What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
5. How can I check my e-Visa result?
To check Vietnam e-Visa result, follow these guideline:
- Check your email to see your order for Vietnam E-visa after fill in the form and pay
- Check your email to see Vietnam E-visa after 3 working days
- 3 working days after making the order, if you still not get the email with Vietnam E-visa letter, you can reply email about order confirmation or send email to email@example.com to ask for that.
- In urgent case, you can make a call if need to hotline support number: (+84)-366-224-888
6. What if I have queries about my e-Visa?
Two options are available to answer queries:
Option 1: Check for more information on the FAQs page.
Option 2: Send your queries via the email support: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call hotline: (+84)-366-224-888.
II. E-Visa application procedures
1. How can I apply to stay in Vietnam for longer than my e-Visa permits?
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department in accordance with Section 1, Article 16 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
2. Can a Vietnamese citizen invite or guarantee my stay in Vietnam and apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Vietnamese citizens are not allowed to guarantee a foreigner’s stay in Vietnam with e-Visa. Foreigners must apply for an e-Visa either by themselves or through a guaranteeing agency or organization in Vietnam.
3. How does an inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Inviting or guaranteeing agencies or organizations must follow these steps:
Provide the required information of the foreign applicant to the form, confirm and pay for Vietnam e-Visa fee to complete the procedure.
III. Completing the e-Visa application
1. What photos are required for the application?
Two photos of the applicant must be uploaded:
-Portrait photo (4x6cm): Looking straight and without glasses.
-Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines.
2. What if my name is too long or includes special characters?
Write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
3. Is it necessary to complete all required information in the application?
Yes. You must completeall required information to be eligible to receive an e-Visa.
IV. E-Visa fee and payment
1. How much is the e-Visa fee?
The current Vietnam e-Visa fee is 25 USD + 5 USD payment fee = 30 USD.
2. How can I make a payment for my e-Visa
Payment is made by your Credit Card through Onepay payment security gateway. To make a payment you can pay at the end of application processing. In case you finish your order and still not pay or your payment status is FAIL, you can access this link to pay for your order:
Payment online: https://evisatovietnam.org/payment-online
3. If my e-Visa is refused or unused, will my payment be refunded?
No. Payments for e-Visa applications are non-refundable.
V. Entry & exit with an e-Visa
1. Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints.
To check more information, visit Vietnam e-Visa website.
2. If I use my e-Visa to enter/exit Vietnam, what do I have to do at the checkpoint?
E-Visa holders must present the printed e-Visa and valid passport at the checkpoint.
3. Do I need to enter Vietnam on the exact date specified in my e-Visa application?
The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within this validity period.
4. Can I enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in my e-Visa?
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
5. What if I want to enter Vietnam before my e-Visa validity period?
You must complete a new e-Visa application. The previous e-Visa application will be cancelled once the new e-Visa is issued./.